Many of you have heard the rave lately of drinking warm lemon water for healthy and nutritious benefits. Throughout my travels locally and globally I have seen men and women frequent this refreshing and revitalizing beverage. Believe me, when you start out with a warm glass of lemon water in the morning, a moment of gratitude, morning yoga or meditation you will truly be welcoming the day. The fresh and tartness of the lemon and the warmth in your body is a nice wakeup call vs. a latte or breakfast shake. Be good to you!
10 Benefits for Drinking Warm Lemon Water
1. Weight Loss – Drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning helps your body with dehydration and helps to fight hunger cravings. If you maintain a more alkaline diet, it has been shown that you lose weight faster. It has been proven that warm water supports the body in a more natural way vs. cold.
2. Balances your pH – If you drink lemon water every day, you will reduce your body’s overall acidity because believe it or not, lemon is one of the most alkaline foods known to man. Even though lemon is obviously acidic, it does not create acidity in your body once it is metabolized.
3. Anti-Aging Support – Vitamin C in the lemon helps to decrease wrinkles and blemishes.
4. Clears up Your Acne – Lemon water helps to purge toxins from your blood which in turn, helps to keep your skin clear. You can actually apply lemon directly to any scars or discoloration on your skin to reduce appearance. Just put lemon on your spot at night and wash off in the morning with cool water.
5. A Natural Flush – The juice from the lemon water helps to flush out the toxic material in your digestion which will help with constipation and digestion. It also encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that required for digestion. Efficient digestion reduces heartburn and constipation.
6. Diuretic – Get rid of that bloat. Perfect for that time of the month when your body holds on to that extra water weight. Lemons help to increase the rate of urination which keeps your urinary tract healthy
7. Helps with Bad Breath – This will help freshen your breath and who doesn’t want that?
8. Reduces Stress Naturally – When you have a lot of things on your mind, vitamin C is the first to be depleted and the lemon water will help to fill your body back with the vitamin C nutrient your body needs.
9. Boosts your immune system – Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.
10. Promote healing: Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing, and is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage10. As noted previously, vitamin C also displays anti-inflammatory properties. Combined, vitamin C is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of good health and recovery from stress and injury.