Being able to work from home is a ‘few and far between’ opportunity. There are actually several companies that opt solely on employing ‘at home’ workers to recruit, which is great for moms because we can work and still be at arms reach for our kids. Jobs range from call center positions to virtual assistants, and most require you have a computer with high speed internet connection, a reliable phone line and knowledge of Word and most text editing softwares. Pay for these jobs start from $7 an hour and upwards.
Working from home cuts commuting costs, allows you to work in a comfortable working environment and improves your quality of life.
Here is a list of 10 legitimate companies that are actively looking for staff to work from home.
1. Lionbridge – Voted by Forbes as one of America’s most trustworthy companies, Lionbridge actively seeks workers in their Technical, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, Human Resources and Admin. Click here to learn more.
2. Xerox – Xerox are actively looking for employees in Customer Care, Tech Support, Data Entry, Quality control and Administrative Support. They are supportive of qualified veterans and military spouses through there Heroes@Home initiative. Click here to learn more.
More Work at home Opportunities
3. Shutterstock – Shutterstock is one of the worlds best platforms for purchasing royalty free images. They currently have ongoing positions for Work From Home Vector and Illustration image Reviewers. Click here to learn more
4. Apple Care – If you had technical issues in the past with your Apple device, then you are most probably familiar with AppleCare. AppleCare are looking for friendly Home Advisors to assist customers in finding solutions to questions product questions. Click here to learn more
5. Open English – Fancy teaching English to non-native speakers? All you need is a stable internet connection, a headset, and a quiet room in your home. All courses are pre-prepped for you ahead of time in slide format, so theres enough time to practice before teaching a 45 minute class to up to 4 students in a virtual setting. Please Note Open English prefer applicants with North American accents. If if still sounds appealing, then click here to learn more.
6. American Express – American Express boast that they recognize the need for flexibility, most especially the ability to work from home. Work-from-home positions include customer service reps, service delivery managers and team leaders. Click here to learn.
7. Cigna – Cigna is one of the country major corporations for telecommuting. The company has a work-at-home employment program that hires registered nurses to work as case workers, service coordinators and patient liaisons. Click here to learn more.
8. The Bradford Group – The Bradford group sells limited collection ornaments and figurines. They are frequently on the lookout for freelance artists to work as part of their product development team. Click here to learn more.
10. Hollywood Transcription – Hollywood Transcribers is a … company that is looking for transcribers. The role requires attention to detail, English language proficiency and accuracy, Computer literacy and a typing speed of 65 word per minute. Click here to learn more.
Do you know of anymore companies that provide work at home opportunities? Share them below!